Thursday, February 10, 2011

INKPOP MUST-READS – Nightland

nightlandNightland
by Kelly Moton
Book: Paranormal, Horror, Romance
“Welcome to Nightland, the place where all of your dreams come from. It isn’t as pleasant as your visions have made it. Far from pleasant.”
Berlin is a daydreamer, never focusing on the real world. With her most
recent dreams, she is in a world filled with the supernatural. The beings are life-like, as if they are, in fact, real.
She is soon told of things that she can’t comprehend. Should she believe what is happening, or write it off as a dream? Admitting that Nightland is real would mean she must join it and do everything she is told.
a NIGHTLAND novel

Right now I’m too busy obsessing over the sheer genius of this story to write a nice, structured, professional review. It’s one of the best stories I’ve seen on here—ever. So instead of trying to put together a lengthy description of what I liked most and why, I’ll share on here the commentary that was going on in my head as I read it:
This. Is. SUCH a cool book.
The first chapter pulls you in with the lovely description. I can see the character already. And it's intense--SO intense.
REALLY THIS IS AMAZING!!!
*stops obsessing and keeps reading* :D :D
*reaches the end of chapter three and is convinced this is one of the best stories she's ever read on inkpop* *keeps reading*
That was actually my second comment, as I became more obsessive. My first comment, where I asked for permission to blog about this, was a bit more formal but I was fangirling like crazy deep inside:

Wow, the first chapter is almost perfect. There were a few places where punctuation was missing, but no typos, nothing to really interrupt the flow. I liked this a lot. Your talent is obvious and I'm reading on when I get the chance.

The characters are well-introduced, and none of this is an info dump. Your voice is easy to read, and I could picture everything you described. Honestly I have nothing to critique. I'm picking this when I have a spot, and coming back later for more.
I tried to write another review that made sense, for my blog…but then I just got too obsessed and gave up. So instead you get the OMG COMMENTARY I shared earlier in this blog post. :D

So I kept reading. I haven’t finished reading it yet, but I’m working on it. You should read it, too. Honestly. She has an awesome writing style, and she’s spinning a story that has me clinging to the computer screen. It’s so different, in a good way. My imagination can get away and this is a breath of fresh air. I’m just in such a fangirl mode right now.
I love the paranormal. Nightland is one of the best paranormal books I’ve seen on inkpop yet. I know this review didn’t sound too professional. I’ll keep reading and not care. Trust me, this book is worth the read. Go read it now!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I must say, thank you very much for doing this. XD I'm glad you enjoy Nightland so much.

Trailer for The Wishing Well

(The trailer still has the title Autumn of Secrets, but that's the only thing that changed--the plot is the same!)


Thanks to Nickname for making this trailer!