Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/15/2010

Hey look! Two blog posts, and not even a week between them! Hooray!

I've reached 80k now, which is the goal I had been hoping to get all summer. The 5k a day helped. Now I can slow down writing it---I'm not going to stop, but I won't be pounding out 5k a day again on purpose until NaNo or something. If I accidentally hit 5k sometime, great. But I won't stop everything and sit at the computer for hours at a time, just to get 5k.

Now I get to write more slowly, because I have to get ready for school and *gulp* editing. More editing TS. I have timelines to make and notes to take and plotting to do and planning to be done. I'm not going to just dive into editing without a plan this time. I have to know what I'm doing, so it won't be such a mess when I'm finished. Also, this time, instead of editing the whole document at a time, I'm going to do chapter-by-chapter. I won't move on to the next chapter until I can name the one I'm currently working as perfect. This is because I believe that if each chapter can be polished individually to be the best it can be, the rest of the novel as a whole will be a lot better. Like a house built of bricks instead of mud. Golden bricks. The bricks of a masterpiece. Because I will make it a masterpiece!

In my summer novel that I'm currently writing, one of my characters is a writer. And since this land they're stuck in is crazy where anything can happen, his characters that he wrote about have come to distract him from his quest...and they're succeeding. Bwahaha. I do wonder how this will end, because if his characters are anything like mine, they wouldn't think twice about hurting him really bad. :/ If you met your characters on an important quest, what would they do? Would they distract you, or just get straight to the point and shove you off a cliff? Or something else?

No comments:

Trailer for The Wishing Well

(The trailer still has the title Autumn of Secrets, but that's the only thing that changed--the plot is the same!)


Thanks to Nickname for making this trailer!